Grand National Betting Tips
Tom Lee from RTE is working with us again this year for the Grand National and he has made his selections for the big race.
Grand National Selections 2017 from Tom Lee
Tom Lee from RTE Racing is working with us again this year and his selections for the 2017 Grand National are now live on the site. Both of his selections ate available in the Grand National Betting and both are sure to be popular.
Picking the Winner
The most import criteria that we are looking out for in a Grand National winner are:
- One thing that we look at is the age of the horse and once again year on year the winning horse is aged between 8 and 11 year old.
- The horses weight is crucial as it is very tough to lump around too much weight, having said that three of the last six winners have carried 11st or more
- No horse has won back-to-back Grand National's since Red Rum and 1973 and 1974
- No Novice Chaser has won the Aintree Grand National since Mr What in 1958
- Our Grand National selection will normally have run well over the Grand National course as year on year the winner has a proven record over the Aintree Grand National fences. In other words, what these horses have in common is that they love the track and are not put off by the size of the fences.
These Grand National tips should permit you to narrow down your shortlist and this will form the basis for putting up our Grand National selection. These are some of the contenders for the race this year that fall into the trends we have set out above.
Check out the up to date Grand National odds comparison section where you can get the best early prices available and simply click on the price and this will take you directly to the online bookmaker concerned and once you open an account which only takes a few minutes you are then ready to place your Grand National 2014 bet. Also there are free Grand National bets available with all the bookmakers listed on this site.
Novel Ways To Pick A Grand National Winner
As well as the usual ways to find a Grand National winner there are some more interesting ways to have a bet on the big race. Thousands of people across the country have their one bet a year on the National and they are the punters that usually back the horse based on its name or its colour for example rather than spending hours poring over the form. Many punters follow their favourite Jockey with AP McCoy always at the head of that list and he delighted his backers in 2010 when he finally won the race on Dont Push It.