Aintree Grand National Trainers 2017
There are a number of powerful trainers in the UK and Ireland and all will be targeting a win in the Grand National this season. Punters out there can do worse than follow some of the key trainers who either have a great record at Aintree or who have the strongest yards in the country before having a Grand National Bet.
Perhaps the most famous trainer in the UK who from his Ditcheat stable has won just about every big race there is to be won, expect the Grand National that is. Aintree has always been tough for Nicholls but such is the strength of his yard that he is sure to break that duck at some point in the future. Willie Mullins is the Champion trainer in Ireland always has a nice type or two for the National so punters are also well advised to follow his horses closely before having a bet.
The most famous trainer in the history of the National is of course the great Ginger McCain who sadly passed away recently, he trained the winner four times and his son is also a trainer to follow. Donald McCain Jnr followed in his father's footsteps in 2011 when he trained Ballabriggs to win the National and he will now be a favourite trainer for National punters each season.
Aintree Festival Top Trainer Odds - Click To Bet
There have been various other trainers who have been successful in the Grand National over the past few years and they include Nigel Twiston-Davies who has trained two Aintree winners and young Irish Trainer Gordon Elliott who saddled Silver Birch to success in 2007. Elliott is particular is a national trainer to watch, he makes a real effort to send his best chances to the National and he will surely pick up another winner or two in the future.
Key and Famous Grand National Trainers
- Willie Mullins - Irish Champion Trainer and Grand National winner
- Paul Nicholls - Four times British Champion Trainer and 2012 National winner
- Donald McCain Jnr - Trained 2011 National winner and son of the great Ginger McCain
- David Pipe - trained 2008 National winner
- Gordon Elliott - Irish trainer who won with Silver Birch in 2007
- Nigel Twiston-Davies - Trained 2002 and 1998 National winner and Gold Cup in 2010
- Jonjo O'Neill - Trained Dont Push It to success in 2010